The Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship is suitable for anyone who manages teams or projects and is responsible for achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives as part of their organisation's strategy.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed for project managers, department heads, and other practising middle managers. Develop your skills and experience, improve your performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities. Key responsibilities may include:
- Creating and delivering operational plans
- Leading and managing teams
- Financial and resource management
- Talent management
- Managing projects
With this Higher Apprenticeship in Management, you will qualify with a Level 5 Certificate/Diploma in Management and gain technical knowledge, strategic insight and practical expertise. You will learn everything you need to develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire your team in a context relevant to your organisation and current role. You will continually have the opportunity to practice and embed your new skills in a real work context in the workplace.
Results for you:
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation
Impact for your employer:
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development – this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
What you can expect from your Operations/Departmental Management Level 5 Apprenticeship
Level 5 managers are responsible for everything from creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, and leading and managing teams, to managing change, financial and resource management. Responsibilities also include talent management, coaching and mentoring. Roles may include those of Operations Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager, Department Manager as well as other specialist managers.
On Completion of the Apprenticeship:
- Apprentice can choose to register as Members of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and/or Chartered Management Institute (CMI). This will demonstrate and support their career development and progression.
- Apprentices with more than 3 years of management experience, and a Level 5 Diploma, will have met the requirements to achieve Chartered Management status should they wish.
- Additional development/progression routes will be available, which include higher level qualifications and professional development leading to Fellow or Chartered Fellow status.
The Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship is your next step to gaining a recognised qualification that supports your professional development as a line manager. This apprenticeship offers an exciting progression to be a more informed and capable manager.