Functional Skills English and Maths Level 2
City & Guilds
Eligibility to join the Institute of Leadership
Lived in the UK/EU for at least 3 years.
VIA YOUR EMPLOYER
The Operations/Department Manager at Level 5 will provide the strategic vision to enhance the operational delivery capability to teams within an organisation.
WHO IS THIS QUALIFICATION FOR?
This qualification is designed for project managers, department heads, and other practising middle managers in order to develop skills and experience, improve your performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities may include:
• Creating and delivering operational plans
• Leading and managing teams
• Financial and resource management
• Talent management
• Manging projects
• Level 6 qualification in Management
• Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (England only)
• Management related Degree courses
• Level 7 Qualification in Leadership and Management
You will gain knowledge and skills of:
• Organisational performance – Understanding of management approaches and models including creating plans to delivery key business objectives.
• Leading People – for example understand different leadership styles and Metrics develop the skills to support people and improve performance
• Project management – Know how to manage a project using appropriate tools and techniques. Understand approaches to risk/processmanagement. Understand finance/budget management and financial
• Interpersonal Excellence – Manging people and developing positive
relationships through understanding different leadership styles, managing multiple team leaders and using coaching and mentoring approaches to enhance/increase performance
You will develop your ability to:
• Manage people – to gain high performing teams. Understand performance management techniques, talent management models and recruitment and development of staff
• Build relationships – with key stakeholders to manage negotiation, influencing and effective networking. Knowledge of collaborative working techniques and managing conflict through good communication skills and sharing of best practice
• Personal Effectiveness – through managing self and understanding own impact and use of emotional intelligence, different learning, leadership and behaviour styles to enhance performance
• Decision making – Understand problem solving and decision-making techniques including data analysis to deliver organisational results/objectives
You will demonstrate:
• Taking responsibility, Drive to achieve in all aspects of work, resilience and accountability, Inclusive, determination when managing difficult situations and Agile/flexible to the needs of the organisation as well as seeking new business
• Professionalism – Sets an example by being fair, consistent, impartial, open, honest and operating within organisational values.