Functional Skills English and Maths Level 2
Lived in the UK/EU for at least 3 years.
The Improvement Technician (IT) apprenticeship is designed for those who are responsible for delivery and coaching of improvement activity within an area, often associated with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. The IT typically works as part of an operational team having both up-to-date knowledge and skills to resolve problems, prevent re-occurrence and engage others to aid and support Continuous Improvement.
WHO IS THIS QUALIFICATION FOR?
The Improvement Technician Apprenticeship is for those within private and public organisations across all sectors, including but not limited to:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Engaging team members in the identification of improvement opportunities and relevant countermeasures and controls
• Initiating and facilitating improvement activities through to confirmed resolution
• Providing local expertise in business improvement methods and basic tools to team
This apprenticeship provides you with skills that are transferable to various roles and career routes including: Business Improvement Co-ordinator, Continuous Improvement Executive, Process Technician, Operational Excellence/Lean Engineer, Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Quality Control Analyst.
You will gain knowledge and skills as an IT which involves:
• Basic statistics and measures
• Data acquisition
• Lean tools
You will develop your ability to support:
• Continuous improvement
• Safe working
You will learn about key areas such as:
• Change management
• Organisational and legal regulations
• Project management
• Process capability and performance