Functional Skills English and Maths Level 1
Care Certificate Level 2
Diploma in Care Level 2
Lived in the UK/EU for at least 3 years.
Tricia Allison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete this form to register your interest.
To gain the Award there are 3 mandatory units to complete:
The principles of infection prevention and control
Causes and spread of infection
Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
Healthcare Support Workers may work in hospitals, clinical environments, nursing homes, GP surgeries and domiciliary care. You will be working with people, feeling passionate about supporting and enabling them to live a more independent and fulfilling life is a rewarding and worthwhile job that provides excellent career opportunities.
WHO IS THIS QUALIFICATION FOR?
This apprenticeship is suitable for those working in the care sector and can encompass a range of roles, which include:
- Healthcare support worker
- Healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- Night care assistant
- Home care support worker
- Substance misuse worker
Learners may have the following responsibilities:
- Handling information including care planning
- Promoting health and safety
- Practicing infection prevention and control
- Assist in the administration of medication
- Support individuals undergoing healthcare activities
- Supporting individuals in therapy sessions
- Recording and reporting on individuals
WHY DO THIS COURSE
This apprenticeship provides an ideal entry into the occupation and supports progression within the sector. It will also help you to develop the leadership qualities of a front line worker.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
You will learn about key areas such as:
• Duty of care
• Communicating in care settings
• Responsibilities of a care worker
• Handling information in care settings
• Equality & inclusion in care settings
• Personal development in care settings
• Safeguarding & protection in care settings
• Health, safety & wellbeing in care settings
• Implementing person-centred approaches in care settings
To achieve this apprenticeship standard, the employer, training provider and apprentice will agree when the apprentice is ready and competent to undertake the independent end assessment.